We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this retreat.
Exclusive Yoga Retreat Morocco
Join this exclusive yoga and meditation retreat in Villa Surya Morocco. Take a short, magical journey through the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, Berber villages, and the famous surfing village Taghazout to reach the villa. Relax and unwind in a perfect spot situated right at the famous Paradis Plage; one of the longest and most taken care of beaches in the area. This journey has been created with attention to detail specially for you!
- Meditation sessions
- Twice daily yoga classes a 90 minutes
- Pick up and drop off service from Agadir
- Breakfast, afternoon snacks, and dinner provided
- Unlimited water, tea and fresh juices
- Free use of sauna and Jacuzzi
- 7 nights accommodation
- 1 hour massage
Group sizesThe maximum participants in the group is 14
StylesKundalini, Power, Vinyasa, Yin, Dynamic, Nidra, Ashtanga
LanguagesSpoken languages: French, German, English
During this retreat, you will stay either in a private or a shared room. The Villa Surya has six sleeping rooms with a maximum capacity of 14 beds. The boutique villa will transport you to another world with its exquisite handmade Arabic and Berber architecture, fragrant flowered gardens, charming rooms, relaxing hot tub, sauna, and a kitchen full of oriental delights.
SHEMS ROOM (THE SUN)
This twin double room has mountain and garden view and a shared bathroom.
AYOUR ROOM (THE MOON)
This triple room has mountain and garden view and an ensuite bathroom.
ITRI ROOM (THE STAR)
This triple twin room has mountain and garden view and an ensuite bathroom.
MUJA ROOM (THE WAVE)
This twin double room has mountain and garden view, an ensuite bathroom, and a private balcony.
AMLAL ROOM (THE SAND)
This double room has sea view, an ensuite bathroom, and a private balcony.
REH ROOM (THE WIND)
This twin double room has sea view, ensuite bathroom, and a private balcony.
Dfrost Almugar Surf House & Yoga Morocco Yoga Retreat Program
No matter if you are a real experienced yogi, a first timer, a single traveler, or came as a couple, if you are a mother and a father, Dfrost Almugar is happy to welcome you in the Villa Surya. They are pleased to give you the opportunity to follow your passion and bring you close to the Moroccan culture in a safe and beautiful environment. They truly live believing that yoga is for everybody. Leave your cares behind and enjoy the slow life during your stay in Morocco. Happiness is not a destination, it’s a way of life.
YOGA STYLE AND YOGA SHALA
During your yoga and meditation holiday we offer twice daily yoga classes. The morning classes are dynamic and powerful, inspired by Vinyasa flow and Ashtanga while the evening classes are on a more restorative level based on Vinyasa, Yin yoga, Kundalini, and yoga Nidra.
We do have two Yoga teachers staying with us ensuring you get a great diversity during your stay. Our yoga classes are created for everybody. No matter if you are an absolute beginner, advanced yogi or even a teacher, our in-house teachers will make sure to fit everyone's needs and give you the challenge you want during your stay. Every morning and evening class will be accompanied with a guided meditation. We make sure that your personal level will improve during every 90 minutes class we offer.
Our Yoga shala is exactly what you need. It offers 75 square meter for your practice, giving you lots of personal space during your stay. It's a handmade wood shala with engraved Berber art, huge glass windows for your stunning views (sliding doors), air-condition in case its too warm or hot and a wood floor with cushioning to ensure a perfect Yoga class. Come and feel the positive vibes.
The outstanding Yoga Shala is situated on our roof top terrace offering amazing views over the village and the ocean. Enjoy a morning class and get the sunrise over the protected forest zone the anti atlas mountains - is there a better way to wake up?
The evening on the other hand has something very calming as the yoga shala gets lighted by the evening sun. Enjoy this relaxed yoga class by feeling the sunset over the ocean.
Remember that yoga is not about being able to make the handstand, it's about finding your inner peace.
Lets bring the ocean and yoga together on a SUP! SUP Yoga or Stand up Paddling is an amazing and blissful experience of practicing traditional Hatha Yoga postures on a stand-up paddle board floating on the water.
While increasing focus and breath control it also develops balance and refines technique by activating new muscles. Because the water is calming and stress-alleviating SUP Yoga develops deeper level of mindfulness and soothes the mind. Being one with nature brings a new perspective to your yoga.
This special yoga class is for everyone looking for something new, fun but relaxing and meditating at the same time. This 60 minutes initiation class is fun and challenging for beginners and experts alike. The postures on the SUP are created in a way that it will challenge every level.
You should calculate around 90 minutes for this whole experience, as we also need some time to explain the boards, walk down to the water and come back to the villa. We offer this experience every Friday or on request. The class can take up to 4 guests at a cost of EUR 40 per person. This special class is not included in your weekly pay but can be booked additionally.
Provided: SUP (10 ft.), Paddle, Experience
Bring: Bathing Suit, Sun Protection, Water
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
- 07:00 - 07:30 Wake up and enjoy a morning juice
- 07:30 - 09:00 Yoga and meditation practice
- 09:00 - 11:00 Healthy breakfast buffet-style
- 11:00 - 16:00 Free time
- 16:00 - 17:00 Afternoon tea, fresh dates, and almonds
- 17:00 - 18:00 Free time
- 18:00 - 19:30 Yoga and meditation practice
- 19:30 - 20:30 Vegetarian dinner
During this retreat, you will be served one daily delicious breakfast and dinner along with a light afternoon menu. All meals are inspired by the oriental and Mediterranean cuisine and are daily fresh cooked. A wide range of vegetarian or vegan food is available. Dfrost Almugarh serves daily different food and chooses from a big variation between healthy, hearty, and sweet treats.
Every evening, a vegetarian dinner is served to make sure you will get enough carbohydrates, vitamins, and proteins to enjoy a healthy week. Once a week, there is the option to get served fish but only will be served if the whole groups accepts to have somebody at the table eating meat.
The dishes depend on the season as the summer is warm and the kitchen is lighter versus the winter. They cook with seasonal products and not everything is available the whole year around.
The Moroccan kitchen barely cooks with dairy products or butter so most of the recipes are even vegan. The Moroccan kitchen is rich in vegetables, chickpeas, beans, and lentils which are also a high source of proteins.
If you need a special diet, due to allergies, please let Dfrost Almugar Surf House & Yoga Morocco know before your arrival in order to take care of you. Not everything is available in Morocco but they promise to do their best to take care of you.
The herbal garden in the yoga house allows to serve you fresh tea and diches with eco herbs. The vegetables are delivered from an eco-agricultural place near Sidi-Ifni to ensure a healthy nutrition and the fruits come from the local souk in Agadir. Dfrost Almugar Surf House use their own flowers to make great fixes for the morning and you will find them even in your salads. The food served is healthy and will ensure you the right energy for all your activities.
- Daily fresh made juices or smoothies and green smoothies
- Tea, coffee, and milk
- Homemade muesli and porridge
- Home-made yogurt (raib)
- Fresh fruits
- Home-baked whole grain bread
- Fresh-made marmalade
- Organic butter
- Msmen (Moroccan treat)
- Amlou (nut spread)
- Local honey, dates, and almonds
- Grilled vegetables
- Variety of homemade pesto, hummus, and couscous with nuts and honey
- Fresh tea, dates and nuts, energy balls, and banana breads
- Vegetarian Tajine with lentil soup (Moroccan style), also with option for fish Tajine
- Chilli with vegetables served with basmati rice and a great ice kraut-beetroot salad (Moroccan style)
- Indian curry with lemon, yogurt-mint cream, and fresh baked bread served with a mixed salad (this food will activate all your senses by tasting sweet, sour, or spicy food)
- Oven baked falafel in a salad wrap with cashew cream and hot sauce served with an amazing courgette salad and a vegetable soup (classic oriental recipe)
- Whole grain couscous with vegetables and a delicious soup (Moroccan style)
- Raw Italian lasagna with cauliflower tabbouleh and lentil soup (classic European kitchen)
- Couscous filled bell peppers with glazed carrots and mango-walnut salad
- Caponata with oven baked potatoes and a mixed salad (Italian a la "mamma" style)
- Beetroot and goat cheese towers served with a lovely salad and roasted chickpea tomato soup (classic European kitchen)
- Sunday barbecue comes with grilled vegetables, mixed salads, vegetarian burger, and dips
THE FOLLOWING MEALS ARE INCLUDED:
THE FOLLOWING DIETARY REQUIREMENT(S) ARE SERVED AND/OR CATERED FOR:
- Gluten Free
- Whole food
Things to do
STAND UP PADDLE YOGA LESSONS (SUP YOGA)
SUP yoga is an amazing and blissful experience of practicing traditional Hatha yoga postures on a stand-up paddle board floating on the water. While increasing focus and breath control, it also develops balance and refines technique by activating new muscles.
This special yoga class is for everyone looking for something new, fun but relaxing and meditating at the same time. The 60-minute initiation class is fun and challenging for beginners and experts alike. This classes are available every Friday or on request. The class can take up to four guests at a cost of 40 EUR per person. You will be provided with the SUP board. Please bring bathing suit, sun protection, and water.
- Day trips to Paradise Valley, Essaouira, or Marrakesh
- Day visit to the local Souk (Aourir or Agadir)
- Essaouira day trip (25 EUR per person)
- Evening treat in the local Hammam
- Get a traditional henna tattoo
- Horse riding
- Learn how to cook your own Tajine
- Marrakesh day trip (35 EUR per person)
- Paradise Valley (15 EUR per person)
- Private yoga classes (40 EUR fro 60 minutes)
- Practice surf
- Silent walk along the Atlas Mountains
- Silent walk along the six-kilometer beach
- Visit a local commune to experience the traditions
- Visit the famous surfer village Taghazout
During this retreat, you will enjoy one 60-minute relaxing massage. You may also enjoy other massage services for 40 EUR per person for 60 minutes or 25 EUR for 30 minutes. You can also use the Jacuzzi and Sauna for free (daily open).
What Is Included
- 1 60-minute massage
- 1 daily afternoon tea and nuts
- 1 daily breakfast and dinner
- 1 daily meditation session
- 2 daily yoga classes
- 7 nights accommodation
- Daily cleaning service
- Free access to all amenities in the venue
- Transfers from and to Agadir bus station
- Towels and bed linen
- Transfers from and to Agadir-Al Massira Airport (AGA)
- Unlimited water, tea, and fresh juices
What Is Not Included
- Additional activities
- Additional massages
- Additional transportation
- Beach towels
- Private yoga classes
How To Get There
ARRIVAL BY AIRPLANE
Please book your flight to arrive at Agadir-Al Massira Airport (AGA). Dfrost Almugar will pick you up from the airport. The pick-up is included in the price.
Alternatively, book your flight to arrive at Marrakesh Menara Airport (RAK). During the month of May/June/July, Dfrost Almugar Surf House & Yoga Morocco is offering free pick ups for our guests at no extra cost. This service is a collective pick up and available on every Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. The car will leave Marrakesh airport at 20:00 in the evening. Every Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday, Dfrost Almugar Surf House & Yoga Morocco will also drive up to Marrakesh airport between 7-8:00 am in the morning.
ARRIVAL BY BUS
If you travel by bus to Agadir, it is recommended to take a taxi from the Marrakesh Menara Airport (RAK) to the bus station CTM or Supratours. Buy your ticket and inform Dfrost Almugar Surf House at what time you are going to leave. They will then schedule the pick up from the Agadir bus station for you. Once you arrive in Agadir, the driver will be waiting for you next to the bus. You can recognize him by a "Dfrost" sign in his hands. Taking the bus with CTM or Supratours is safe for a woman.