We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this retreat.
Life Changing Yoga Retreat Spain
La Crisalida invites you who are keen to make a positive transformation in your life. This Life Makeover Retreats are targeted towards those who know that something in their life must change now - they can no longer wait. This retreat is designed to help participants to develop the courage necessary to take the first steps and to start the internal process of change required to make deep and positive change sustainable. The core components of the La Crisalida Life Makeover Retreats are mindset classes and personal coaching.
- Daily yoga session
- Mindset class, educational DVD
- Morning walk and creativity classes
- Unlimited filtered waters and herbal teas
- Transfer from and to the airport
- 7 nights cozy accommodation
- Fresh juices and fruits
- Daily healthy meals
LanguagesSpoken languages: English
La Crisalida Retreats offers spacious en-suite accommodation, together with a large number of facilities for your convenience. Each apartment includes a seating area (television with large sofas and armchairs), and a communal area (table and chairs). All apartments have free access to Wi-Fi internet. For convenience, all apartments also have basic kitchen and refrigeration facilities. Rooms are cleaned daily.
Every room has a television with basic English, Dutch, Spanish and German channels. There is also a telephone for incoming or outgoing calls. The apartments also have a fridge, hair drier, tea making facilities, iron with ironing board, and clothes drier.
At La Crisalida, we offer spacious rooms, each with their own facilities including your own outside terraces. In addition to private terraces, all rooms in the retreat have direct access to the private courtyard, which has its own outdoor swimming pool and areas for relaxation and sun bathing.
All of our apartments and communal areas include central heating for the winter months and air-conditioning at no extra charge. We do ask that you turn off the air conditioning when you are not in your room.
PRIVATE STUDIO APARTMENT
You will have the pleasure of having your own charming studio apartment with outside terrace.
SHARED TWIN ROOM IN SHARED A STUDIO APARTMENT
For those of you who are interested in taking shared room option, you will be accommodated in one of our charming studio apartments. There are eight studio apartments at La Crisalida. Each studio apartment sleeps maximum 2 persons. We also have two quad apartments which are designed with two separated sleeping areas with twin beds sleeps maximum of 4 persons. If you are travelling on your own, La Crisalida will match you in a room with someone of the same sex and, where possible, a similar age.
PRIVATE ROOM IN SHARED APARTMENT
You will be staying in your own room with a double bed in a cosy two bedrooms apartment. No more than two people sharing this apartment.
La Crisalida has generous facilities at the retreat and La Crisalida is adding more all the time. The facilities on offer at the retreat include the following:
- Outdoor swimming pools: We have two outdoor swimming pools at La Crisalida. One is in the courtyard and the other is towards the south of the retreat grounds.
- Yoga roof terrace: We have a roof terrace often used for our morning yoga and a supply of yoga mats. During the day, the terrace gives you magnificent sea and mountain views and is available for sunbathing when not in use for retreat activities.
- Sun beds: A large number of sun beds are placed around the retreat so you can choose where to relax. We are also working at bringing in hammocks into the retreat very soon.
- Indoor exercise area: We also have an indoor exercise area (note there is no weight lifting or similar gymnasium equipment at the retreat).
- Outside terraces: All of our rooms offer an outside terraced area to enable outside dining.
- Internet access: We have free Wi-Fi in all of our rooms.
- Table tennis: We have a table tennis table (with bats etc) for you to enjoy. There is no charge.
- Ambient music: We play ambient music in the communal areas of the retreat.
- Satellite television: We offer basic channels in English, Dutch, Spanish and German.
- Car parking: If you wish to hire a car during your stay there is free private parking at the retreat venue.
- Telephone: There is a telephone in your room to make or receive calls.
- Heating: All rooms and communal areas have central heating.
- Air conditioning: All rooms have air conditioning available.
- Other room facilities: The rooms also have a fridge, a hairdryer, tea making facilities, an iron with ironing board, and a clothes drier.
Other facilities: We offer free filtered water and herbal teas. There are beautiful grounds with mature plants, including bourgonvelia, palm trees and jasmine. We also offer a book swap facility and a small library at no cost.
La Crisalida Life Makeover Yoga Retreat in Spain Program
The day starts at 0800 hours. with a morning walk and rooftop (Hatha) yoga, usually taken by our instructor Lisa Brant. We have an additional yoga class later in the afternoon with a variety of types of yoga on offer. Other activities (meditation classes, workshops, life coaching, rebounding, creativity classes) are available outside siesta/relaxation time at the retreat (siesta is between 1330 to 1530 hours.). All activities are optional so you can do as much or as little as you want.
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
- 0800: Yoga or morning walk
- 0915: Morning Juice/Light Breakfast
- 1000: Yoga or morning walk
- 1300: Lunch (Juice or Salad/Soup)
- 1330: Siesta/Relaxation time
- 1530: Dance class, pilates, rebounding or cooking class
- 1630: Afternoon juice
- 1700: Yoga
- 1830: Evening juice or healthy meal
- 1930: Meditation, life makeover workshop or educational DVD
Note that this schedule is shown for indicative purposes, and other classes may be scheduled in addition to those shown. Although, likely to be in exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to change our schedule at any time.
La Crisalida is closed throughout December, however re-opens for a special New year retreat from December 27.
At most of our retreats we have a life coach available. If there is a significant gap between where you are and where you want to be in any area of your life whether its relationships, finances, career, health, or spirituality our coaching service can often help. We also offer hypnotherapy and NLP intervention techniques where appropriate to complement the coaching at the retreat. Please contact La Crisalida if you would like more information or ask directly at the retreat when you arrive.
We offer a popular program of mindset classes, designed to explore and enhance your sense of mental well-being. These classes are designed to compliment the meditation at the retreat and although are light hearted and fun, they seek to capture the base cause of your experiences in life. A key fundamental is that to have outer harmony in life, there must be inner harmony and for there to be inner harmony there must exist mastery of the mind.
In these classes we explore very practical ways of developing inner harmony. We also look at the role motivation plays in our lives and role of our inner self, thoughts and feelings in creating our own very personal reality. We explore the often overlooked aspects of experience that we desire - those relating to inner riches. Mindset classes also compliment our life coaching.
Our creativity classes give you the opportunity to explore your creative side. Creativity classes are included as part of our relaxation and rejuvenation retreats and are a popular way of re-connecting with the right brain creative side to balance the logical and reasoning left side.
Yoga is a core part of the La Crisalida program, and we cater for all levels of ability - so if yoga is something you have never tried before, this is your opportunity to try out something new. Studies have proven yoga to be one of the best ways to reduce stress, lower blood pressure and relieve symptoms such as insomnia, depression and anxiety. Yoga also helps to improve overall fitness, strength, and flexibility. There will be a 1.5 hour daily morning yoga session with additional yoga scheduled during the week based upon demand.
La Crisalidas location by the sea and close to a natural park and woodland makes the surrounding area a great one to explore, enjoy the scenery, sea and fresh air. La Crisalida encourages all the guests to join with the morning walk, which takes most guests about an hour to complete and gives you some of the very best views on the Costa Blanca. Various routes can be followed depending upon your desired level of activity.
We believe that the starting point for rejuvenation of the body and mind is through the foods that we consume. Therefore we offer an abundance of fresh fruit, vegetables and whole foods at La Crisalida Retreats. The food at La Crisalida is included in the cost of your retreat.
To us, detox and weight loss means eating the foods that support our bodies to cleanse and to help us move towards our ideal weight, rather than adopting a starvation diet where you are always feeling hungry. For each of our retreats, our nutritionist has designed juices and meals that cleanse and re balance our bodies, without eliminating the essential nutrients required. A typical side affect of all this is weight loss!
Meals are served buffet style, unless you are on the weight loss retreat, where food if usually plated up to provide a more calorie controlled approach. We use seasonal products where possible, grown or sourced locally, so the menu is typically Mediterranean. All food is served fresh, prepared and cooked on the premises, with care and loving attention.
The foods that we do not serve include: sugar, bread, refined flour, cow's milk and derivatives, eggs, coffee and tea (except herbal and green teas), alcohol and sweets. These foods all place extra stress on our body systems, so by cutting them out for one week, or a few days, the body has the opportunity to re balance itself.
TYPICAL FOODS SERVED
- Breakfast: Juice or healthy breakfast
- Lunch time: Variety of salads and vegetables, Hummus, Guacamole, Falafel, Freshly made vegetable soups (in the winter)
- Evening meal examples: Paella, risotto, plus assorted salads
Sometimes we also offer occasional treats - of the healthy variety of course! In the afternoon we provide you with a fresh juice to freshen up after your siesta.
We encourage you to drink at least 3-5 liters of water per day whilst at the retreat as this helps with elimination of toxins and helps to keep the body well hydrated. Filtered water is available for you around the retreat. There is also a wide range of herbal teas, including green tea and hot water so you can make yourself a hot drink whenever you chose. If you are ever hungry, you are welcome to ask for fruit or vegetables from the kitchen.
THE FOLLOWING MEALS ARE INCLUDED:
THE FOLLOWING DIETARY REQUIREMENT(S) ARE SERVED AND/OR CATERED FOR:
- Whole food
What Is Included
- A stay in the large apartments with substantial facilities
- All meals drinking water, and nutritious juices
- Celebration dinner
- Food supplements
- Free attendance for all your retreat activities
- Free transfer from and to Alicante airport
- Free unlimited filtered water and herbal teas
- Free use of sun loungers at the retreat
- Free Wi-Fi in your room
- Satellite television
- Use of two outdoor swimming pools
How To Get There
DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM ALICANTE AIRPORT
- The distance is approximately 60 kilometers.
- Take: AP7 / E15 motorway, direction Benidorm/Valencia. (Note, this is a toll road).
- Exit: Junction 65 signposted for Benidorm (Levante).
- Go through page (toll plaza) and take the turning on right signposted N332 Valencia / Altea (very small signpost).
- Join the N332 north towards Valencia/Altea/Calpe. You will start seeing signs for Alfaz del Pi and Playa del Albir.
- Turn right when you see McDonalds on the right hand side at the traffic lights. There is a hostel on the right called Hostal Ventorillo.
- Follow directions towards the beach (playa). Go round the roundabout (Lidl on left hand side, Japanese restaurant Sapporo on right side of roundabout), and take the first exit to right signposted playa.
- Follow the road round to the left. Take the third road on the right, called Carrer Eurim. Drive to the top and take a right (onto Carrer els Astres), then take the next left into Avenida de Sant Marc. The retreat is a little further up on the left.
ARRIVAL BY AIRPLANE
Albir is easily reached from Alicante and Valencia airports La Crisalida provides a collection and drop-off service from Alicante airport, which is included in the cost of your holiday. Simply inform La Crisalida about your flight details and La Crisalida will be there to greet you.