We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this retreat.
Refreshing Healthy Eating, and Yoga Retreat Spain
Here at Yoga Sutra Shala we aim to provide you with excellence at every level during your yoga retreat stay. Yoga Sutra Shala has a lot of experince in running yoga retreats with several different themes in Spain. On Yoga Sutra Shala's retreat, you can be sure that the quality of excellence in every aspect is constantly maintained and that a warm homely atmosphere as well as personal attention for each guest are guaranteed. Both the teachers have travelled the world learning from the most experienced yogis in order to give you the best in yoga knowledge that the world has to offer. Both teachers have also studied nutrition to a very high level in order to give you the most delicious and healthy meals available on any yoga retreat in the world. All of the food we give you is vegan, wholemeal, fresh, 100% organic and sourced from local farms. Add to this the weather, the mountain views and the beautiful shala and you can understand why we are developing the reputation for giving you the best yoga retreat in the world. Our experience after travelling the world was that we could not find the one perfect place for finding inner peace so we established Yoga Sutra Shala to be the perfect place for finding peace within yourself and for learning to live and eat healthily.
DISCOVER THE TRUE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
The aim of this retreat is to teach you not only yoga to an excellent level, but also to teach you about health and nutrition with the best knowledge available in the world. The teachers on this retreat are both experts in nutrition. As a result of their combined experience this week will be full of delicious and healthy recipes. The emphasis will be on locally grown organic fresh fruit and vegetables as well wholemeal foods, antioxidants and low-glycaemic living. You will be taught, explained how to make the healthiest food. You will also be given the healthiest and most delicious food that exists all based on the most highly educated knowledge on the planet. You will be explained the health benefits of all the foods we use - the locally produced organic food that is free of pesticides, foods made from spelt and we are sure you will agree that you will return feeling like you have learnt the best secrets of healthy cooking, living and practicing yoga.
- 2 guided walks
- 1 cooking workshops
- Morning Vinyasa yoga class (yang)
- Morning chanting & pranayama class
- Relaxing evening Vinyasa yoga class (yin)
- Daily guided meditations & different series of yin & yang based Vinyasa
- Only 15 minutes drive to one of Valencia's most beautiful and secluded beaches
- 3 delicious organic healthy vegetarian meals prepared by professional chefs
- 5 nights cozy accommodation
Group sizesThe maximum participants in the group is 10
StylesHatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Ashtanga
LanguagesSpoken languages: English
Yoga Sutra Shala offers accommodation with excellent quality, assuring that you will have a pleasant and comfortable stay. During your retreat, you will be staying at a beautiful secluded retreat centre situated in Benissiva. The villa is just 15 minutes drive to one of Valencia's most beautiful and secluded beaches, Oliva.
All of the rooms have beautiful views of the mountains or the village. There are eight bedrooms, each one with ensuite bathroom to make your stay really comfortable. Two of the rooms have their own balcony and three of the rooms have a large balcony which they share with each other. All rooms have air conditioning and central heating.
BUDGET TWIN ROOM
El LLimaner has cosy twin beds and has lovely views of the beautiful hamlet of Benissiva. The room has a lovely ensuite bathroom.
BUDGET DOUBLE ROOM
All double rooms can be booked by couples or single travellers as a private double room
- Tossal Gros: This room has a very comfortable double bed and a beautiful balcony with views looking over the mountains. It also has an ensuite bathroom.
- El Colomer: This room has a lovely double bed and beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. It also has a nice ensuite bathroom.
All double rooms can be booked by couples or single travellers as a private double room.
- La Forada: This room has a double bed and a shared terrace with lovely views of the Valencian mountains. It also has an ensuite bathroom.
- La Solana: This room has one double bed and lovely views of the mountains. It also has an ensuite bathroom.
All twin rooms can be booked individually by two same sex single travellers wanting to share or by two friends booking at the same time.
- El Misserat: This room has two single beds with a shared balcony and ensuite bathroom. It has lovely views of the surrounding mountains.
- L'Albureca: This room has two single beds, a shared balcony and amazing views of the mountains. It also has an ensuite bathroom.
DELUXE DOUBLE ROOM
L'Umbria is a very special room. It has a double bed, an additional double bed on a mezzanine, its own balcony and lovely views of the surrounding Valencian mountains and unspoilt countryside. It is perfect for a couple, a parent and child, or for single occupancy For price list, please contact Yoga Sutra Shala.
Yoga Sutra Shala Healthy Eating and Yoga Holidays Spain Program
- 07.30 : Chanting class (optional)
- 07.45 : Pranayama class
- 08.00 : Morning Vinyasa yoga class (Yang based)
- 09.15 : Morning guided meditation
- 09.30 : Silence time
- 10.00 : Organic healthy and delicious breakfast
- 11.00 : Rest time, time for snacks
- 14.00 : Organic vegetarian lunch
- 15.00 : Free time for reading, walking, resting
- 17.30 : Pranayama class
- 17.50 : Evening yoga class (Yin based)
- 18.10 : Evening guided meditation
- 20.15 : Organic vegetarian dinner
YOGA AND MEDITATION CLASSES
Throughout these retreats, you will be focusing on different guided meditations every day in the morning and evening to teach your mind to relax and focus on silence within. The aim is to help you return with a more positive and happy mindset. There will be different series of yin and yang based vinyasas taught to you every day - yang every morning and yin every evening - designed to slowly open up the whole body over five days so that by the last day of the retreat, every muscle within your body feels open, alive, relaxed, rejuvenated and energized.
"FREE TO DO/ATTEND" RETREAT
Note that all the classes are all optional during your yoga retreats. We want you to develop at your own pace and we want you to enjoy your stay. We want you to enjoy your yoga retreats as much as possible, to become healthy in mind and body, to learn how to relax and deal with stress and to learn how to feel at one with yourself.
"YOUR YOGA" STRUCTURE
At your yoga retreat centre, our aim is to help you develop your health, learn relaxation techniques and learn meditation so helping you to deal with stress, improve the quality of your life, your happiness and your sense of well-being. On your yoga retreats, you will be taught meditation, asana (posture), chanting, and breathing techniques. All classes will be optional as we want you to enjoy your stay and develop at your own pace.
You will be asked at the beginning of each yoga retreat what areas you want to develop in. Your yoga retreat will be personalized according to your wants and needs for your own development whether you are a new or established student of yoga.
Namit will be using his highly developed teaching system during each class at your yoga retreat at Yoga Sutra Shala to teach Vinyasa Yoga. Your yoga retreat centre will be run specifically as a shala - a place of refuge and a place to find inner peace. Your shala will be a perfect place to escape the stresses of the modern world and develop a sense of peace, calm, well-being and happiness.
During this retreat, there will be 2 guided walks (on Mondays and Tuesdays). You will be taken to the beautiful mountain called La Forada in the stunning Valencian valley called La Vall de La Gallinera. In summer, when the days are warmer, the guided walks will take place in early morning. During autumn and spring, they will take place in late morning. During winter season, midday is the best time to do the guided walks and catch the sun.
Healthy, delicious vegetarian, 100% organic meals will be provided using locally grown organic fruit and vegetables on every yoga retreat. The recipes used will be created by health and nutrition experts including Namit and Maru, the founders of Yoga Sutra Shala. Wholemeal foods will be used as well as foods low in saturated fat during your yoga retreats. All meals are based on the principles of good nutrition, health and good taste.
There is no meat or fish on the yoga retreats. All the food is vegetarian in the tradition of yoga and ahimsa (non-violence). The yoga tradition encourages the vegetarian diet during the practice of meditation in order to increase the experience of peace.
Instead your meals at the yoga retreat centre will contain beans, nuts, avocados, tofu, seeds and other vegetarian sources of protein, allowing you to build core, back and other muscle groups that have been developed from practicing yoga postures by yogis for millennia.
Other special dietary requests such as vegan, dairy free, and wheat free will also be catered for. Gluten free and lactose free diets as well as other allergies can also be catered for. Our chefs will make delicious alternatives for you.
THE FOLLOWING MEALS ARE INCLUDED:
THE FOLLOWING DIETARY REQUIREMENT(S) ARE SERVED AND/OR CATERED FOR:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
Things to do
During your free time, you can go for a nature walk and admire some of the stunning views of the surrounding mountains as well as breathe in some of the lovely mountain air. You can also arrange a trip with a local taxi driver to the surrounding villages or to one of Valencia's most beautiful and secluded beaches, Oliva. Most people, however, like to relax by the pool, read, chat to new friends at your yoga retreat centre or listen to quiet music.
There are people from the local villages who come to the shala and offer deep tissue massage. Treatments tend to cost around 60 EUR each. Please feel free to send an inquiry to Yoga Sutra Shala if you want to find out more.
What Is Included
- 1 cooking workshops
- 2 guided walks
- 5 nights accommodation in the cosy villa
- Fun and professional yoga and meditation classes twice a day
- 3 delicious organic vegetarian meals daily
- Use of the swimming pool
- Over 20 of the best quality organic teas from around the world which you will have available to drink whenever you want to
- Wi-Fi available for the entire length of your stay
- A library of books on yoga, philosophy, meditation and travel
- A library of CDs with mantras, meditation music, philosophy lectures and classical music
- A library of blue ray discs and DVDs with documentaries on nutrition, yoga and philosophy
- Fresh organic fruit from the local organic farmers available all day for you to snack on
What Is Not Included
- Airport transfers (30 EUR one way)
How To Get There
ARRIVAL BY AIRPLANE
The nearest airport is Alicante (ALC). Yoga Sutra Shala can help you organizer a transfer from Alicante airport to the venue and from the venue to the airport during scheduled times below:
- On Sundays at 12pm (airport - venue)
- On Fridays at 1.45 pm (venue - airport)
The cost is 30 EUR each way.